Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Missing Hot Rod


Well, tonights Jazz game is not on free over-the-air tv, so I am listening to the play-by-play done by Mr. Hundley. I must say, I miss hearing that familiar voice. Jazz games just aren't the same. I am sure Craig will grow on me with time.


Anyway, it is 4th quarter 96 to 91 for the Lakers with about 5 minutes to go. I can't believe how much fun it is to huddle around the radio and listen to the game. I can almost picture what is going on, and it is coming in High Def. Let's get this going Jazz!


On another note, I must mention that I spent all Saturday putting together a nice little swingset for my boy. It literally took 9 hours with assistance from my lovely glowing wife Jaime. Ashton really enjoys the "hang glider swing" as he calls it. I kind of wish he would use the slide more... that requires no effort on my part. You see, he sits on the glider swing and insists I push him as hard as I can while he hangs on laughing for joy. It really made the hard labor on Saturday worthwhile to see him so happy on his very on swing set. Now if I can figure a way to keep the neighbor kids off...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a few ideas on how to keep the neighborhood kids off:
1-sit on your porch with a shotgun at all hours and hollar, "Get the hell off my swing set you young whipper snappers!" and then fire off a couple rounds.
2-place large bear traps all the way around the play set to prevent them from getting away once approaching the swing set. Then you can take them to their parents for disciplining.
3-run an electric current through the play set while you aren't using it (assuming it's metal). This will send a clear message to any and all tresspassers: Beware!
4-Buy a very angry, and very hungry, Doberman to stand guard so no neighbor kids can come near.
I'm sure any of these would be very effective!